Telling people is a great way to promote your talents, products, and business. It’s okay to do this. Expected, even. Tell everyone you know about your business. Explain to them the services you offer. As a bonus to your business efforts, ask those who you speak with to pass the information along to others, and have them ask those people to do the same.
There are a variety of ways in which you can tell people about your business. Here are a few:
- Talk to family and friends. Explain what you are doing. Tell them your goals. Let them know how much you love your business and/or products.
- Add a link to your email signature telling people where they can go to see what you offer.
- Introduce yourself to new people by telling them your name and what you do, while handing them a business card.
- Attend networking events locally.
- Send an email to those on your email list.
- Let people in your online (and offline) social networks know about what you are doing.
Remember not to spam people with information, but go ahead and start to get the word out about you and what you are doing.
Want to share your ideas for getting the word out about you and your business? Any way we can help each other along is good. Tell us in the comments, or email me at email@example.com.
Shannon L. Buck